- Home »
- Lean Manufacturing
At AccuSpec Electronics, LLC we embrace the importance of Lean transformation. We chose the phrase “Lean Transformation” to emphasize the strategic nature of this effort. The power of Lean is only realized if the transformation becomes a core aspect of the company’s long-term business strategy. We understand that employing Lean Manufacturing processes reduces our customers’ inventory and business transaction costs. Our goal is to continually reduce customer lead-time, reduce labor time, and reduce excess inventory. Our Lean Manufacturing technologies and processes are based on Philosophy, Processes, People, Partners, and Problem Solving. The key to our approach is a synergistic relationship of all these elements working as a complete system.
- Lean manufacturing processes reduce our customers' inventory and business transaction costs. The fact that AccuSpec won the Infor award for operational excellence demonstrates our commitment to the lean principles. Read about the award »
- Embracing cellular manufacturing techniques, single-piece flow, standardized work, and pull systems drive continuous daily improvement and eliminate waste- in every process.
- Actively identifying and executing Kaizen events improve Cost, Quality, and Delivery. Our customers compliment us on our 2-bin Kan-Ban systems and our "On Time Delivery".
- ‘LabrTrak’ allows operators to Barcode scan in to every job allowing products to be analyzed for wasted time.
- A tour of our factory will demonstrate our continual focus on 5S. We believe that in order to provide a quality product consistently the factory must be clean, organized and orderly. A sense of discipline is evident with our mandatory ESD testing twice per shift, scanning in labor time, and following the documented procedures.
- Our labor has been further reduced through automation of manual steps such as Conformal coat, automated optical inspections, automated tab insertion equipment, Robotic\Selective solder machines, SMT board loaders, and dynamic slide lines.
- Lean transformation is a journey that never ends.